Monday 24 February 2014

by Kevin Harris









The Kiss

Description:

This painting has a meaning for me. Many african american families shied away from PDA's because of what is referred to as the slave mentality. You see when we were slaves it was actually dangerous to show who you cared about because That relationship could be held against you. Really who wants to see a loved one sold away? So our parents were raised by parents who were incapable of showing love ... they never learned how. 

The original work is currently for sale. At the present time, originals are not offered for sale through the Fine Art America secure checkout system. Please contact the artist directly to inquire about purchasing this original by clicking on the picture link below.

To See Kevin's Work In The Barack Obama Blog Please Click  <> HERE <>




About Kevin:

Since I was very young I knew that I loved to draw and paint, people primarily, but anything that I could envision. I never imagined that my love will eventually become my profession, and I am so grateful that it happened that way. I have attended some courses, but pridefully consider myself 'self taught'. I believe talent cannot be taught, it can be refined through practice and observation. Over the years I have emersed myself in the practice of creating portraits in many different media and styles. At work I was known as the portrait guy or the artist and had constant traffic at my desk to see what I was working on that day. I am now a freelance artist, which gives me more time to work on my own art. Because of the freedom of freelancing, my creative life today is much more interesting since the diversity of the work is so great.


Charlotte, NC - United States

1 comment: